We stock a range of cat and dog prescription diets formulated to provide therapeutic relief of a variety of medical conditions from the following pet food manufacturers:
In order to provide your pet with the freshest product, we stock only small quantities of select diets, but are able to special order from the aforementioned manufacturers, with no minimum order required. Due to varying turnaround times, please call in advance before your current supply is depleted.
Body Condition System
At key points throughout your pet’s life, one of our veterinarians will assess your cat or dog’s body condition using a nine-point “silhouette” system with an ideal score of five (5), known as the Body Condition System.
This system, developed at the Nestlé® Purina® Pet Care Center, has been validated through studies as documented in veterinary medical publications,123 and was designed to help Veterinarians and pet owners frame the discussion and potential improvement of a pet’s nutritional health around a quantifiable score.4
More information regarding the Body Condition System is available from Purina® Veterinary Diets® for:
Exotic Pet Nutrition
For birds we stock several formulated diets from Harrison’s Bird Foods®, while for small mammals, reptiles, and other species of exotic pets we stock Carnivore Care and Critical Care diets from Oxbow®.
Additionally, we stock various nutritional supplements, including:
- Joint Supplements
- Probiotic Supplement(s)
- Coat, Hair, and Skin Supplement(s)
Pet Food Label Information
Pet Food & Product Recall Information
The latest recall information regarding pet food and general pet products (toys, treats, etc.) is available from the FDA’s list of Recalls and Withdrawals (Filter the list with terms such as “pet”, “cat”, “dog”, etc.).
Additionally, a list which includes pet food recalls and alerts dating back to 2004 is available at the Archive for Recalls, Market Withdrawals & Safety Alerts, provided by the FDA. (Use search terms such as “pet”, “cat”, “dog”, etc.).
Information from both these and other sources is also compiled on a more straightforward list of Pet Food Safety Recalls and Alerts, maintained by the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA). This information is also posted by their AVMA Recall Watch Twitter account.
- Mawby D, Bartges JW, Moyers T, et al. Comparison of body fat estimates by dual-energy x-ray absorptiometry and deuterium oxide dilution in client owned dogs. Compendium. 2001; 23(9A): 70.
- Laflamme DP. Development and validation of a body condition score system for dogs. J Can Pract. August 1997; 22: 10-15.
- Kealy RD, Lawler DR, Ballam JM, et al. Effects of diet restriction on life span and age-related changes in dogs. J Am Vet Med Assoc. May 2002; 220: 1315-1320.
- Singh BR, Laflamme D, Ballam J, Nielsen M, Kalishman D, inventors; Nestec Ltd, assignee. US Patent 6,691,639. February 17, 2004.